View Single Post
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 12:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/143/127 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi, I'm here! Count me in! I do need the support!
And we do have certain issues with standard food in Israel. But I like to look at the bright side, so here it is: the new pies by Ma'adanot. Only vegetables, cheese and eggs. No flour at all. They labeled it as kosher for passover but it's kosher for lowcarbers (and non-gluten eaters). And it's good! I offered it to friends and children and they all like it. I tried them all. I especially like the mini, bites ones. By the way, I called them to ask for prepacked one portion. Sometimes you don't need the all pie.
I called also "salatey Mashani" and "salatey Strauss" and asked them why they have to put sugar in all their salads. I like the eggplant ones or peppers. They are still low carb, but I can't figure out how much sugar is in it. The truth is that I still didn't understand if sugar is a forbidden ingredient for us or if we take it in consideration of the total daily carb count, it's OK. Anyway, I told them, that, as they are making low-fat salads for those interested in it, they should do no sugar added for diabetics and me.
About the tomatoes boxes I consider tomato as an allowed vegetable and don't worry too much. I do check that there is no sugar in it.
There is definitively a problem in the food labeling. I see differences and errors in total.
Whi need matza or all these pricy replacement foods. Pessach is THE time to start lowcarb diet. No bread, no pasta.
Hag sameach,
Yael