View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-07, 12:03

Plan: paleo-ish
Stats: 482/400/240 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Well, needless to say I stray away from Paleo land when I do low carb baking.

Absolutely. No question. That's why we're 'paleo-deviants', we're starting with paleo and straying, rather than starting with generic low carb and trying to incorporate paleo concepts (and account for food intolerances).

Quote:
I have been using some Rice Bran in baking at times. It seems to be well-tolerated by me.

Ooooh! Thanks for reminding me. Way back when I tried some gluten free products (which were much too carby and weird) I bought some rice bran and when I ditched everything else I kept that because the carbs were tolerable. Must dig that out and try it instead of the bake mix, which has a slightly weird taste and some ingredients I don't love.

Quote:
My new chocolate cake in a bowl turned molten chocolate is insanely good and I feel great about using cocoa powder which is low carb and full of things that are good for you.

Instructions please?

Quote:
Plus I got some unprocessed stuff from Whole Foods that is amazingly delicious. Quite reddish brown, unlike the Dutch process stuff which is super dark brown.

mmmmm. Have to find some.

Did you have to give up coconut flour in the long run? I find it wrecks me but I may experiment with using smaller amounts. I just need something to dry out the pumpkin a little more. Maybe 1T might do the trick without the side affects.