View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 14:10

Plan: South Beach diabetes mod
Stats: 325/325/180 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hi - so what now?

Hi, I'm new here. I am currently at 325 pounds and liable to be a little bigger before I can actually lose weight, as I am due to deliver a little girl in late May.

I had regular as clockwork periods until I got pregnant the first time - on birth control. I was a big girl, size 14 tops/12 bottoms holding steady between 180 and 185 pounds, but not huge like now. I miscarried after some kind of bizarre thing, maybe preeclampsia, nobody can tell me, but I gained 30 pounds within a month. Then I got pregnant again 3 months later and had my son in June 2006. Gained 25 pounds with him. They finally diagnosed me with PCOS late last summer after spending almost a year complaining about increasing pain, weight gain (getting up to 300 pounds) even though I was trying to LOSE weight, and hair growing in weird places. We hadn't tried metformin yet, and aren't starting it right now because I am pregnant. I went through basically my whole first trimester not even knowing I was pregnant, because I hadn't had any periods at all for months and only had four since after my son was born.

Now, to top it, I had a big jump in weight gain (went from 309 to 317 the next month to 325 a few days ago) and it's apparently because I'm not processing the sugars correctly; it's not gestational diabetes but if I don't watch it they will start calling it that.

So, anyone know what I can do now or once the baby comes to help with this? I know I hate feeling and looking like junk, and the doctor keeps telling me symptoms will decrease if I can lose weight, so what's the best tactic? I will be breastfeeding, I breastfed my son for 11 months until he weaned himself entirely (he had 8 teeth at 8 months, so went to solids really quickly, soon as the doctor said he could have cow's milk he wasn't interested in me anymore), but it didn't "jumpstart" my metabolism at all, so I don't know that it will make much difference one way or another.
Sponsored Links