#15   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 08:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/215/180 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Yes, I am on Atkins. Well, sort of.

I began seeing a naturopath, who really like the way I eat, but said I needed more carbs in my diet though. I shocked when she said that the carbs should come from more veggies & fruit though. I was told explicitly that I shouldn't be eating flour.
What a change from being told to eat more carbs like bagels & such!

So anyways... as a result, I basically follow Atkins, but I don't count my carbs. I always hating counting them, and decided to stop.
After all, I figured one person can only eat so many vegetables, so I don't worry about getting too many carbs per day. I also have 1 cup of fruit, usually mixed berries to up increase my carbs (at one point I was barely eating any carbs!)

I've been low-carbing in some form for about 3 years. Trying different plans & such. I definitely haven't been on plan the whole time, but once I tried low-carb, I realized that that was the way I would have to live the rest of my life.

Is there a book about CKD? I love reading about heath & diet related to low-carb, so if there is a book, can you give me the author & title. Mucho gracias! I don't think it's something I'd follow because I'm not fond of exercise at all!

Chris