#4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 19:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/215/180 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi again,

Five sounds like a good number to work on.

I'm 30 and live downtown with my partner. I've been low-carbing for a few years now in some form or another. I originally started with Atkins, but it was too radical of a change for me at that time.
I later went on Carb Addicts Diet and did well there. I went off plan after awhile, but it was then that I realized that low-carb was going to have to be how I lived, whether or not weight loss was included in it. Whenever I would try to do the low-fat, high-carb diets, I would feel horrible.

Earlier this year, I came back to Atkins after having gained some experience with low-carbing. What I'm doing now is somewhere between Atkins and The Naturopathic Diet.
I let myself have unlimited low-carb veggies (I figure I can eat so much of them anyways), and I try to have about 1 cup of berries per day.
I started going to a naturopath a few months ago, and I'm hoping to help my body become alot healthier. After so many years of dieting, I had really worn myself out. I was tired, etc.
I also found out from her that I have an underactive thyroid, which can account for slow or difficult weight loss. So once I get my thyroid's butt kicked, I'm hoping to see some more weight come off.
I've feeb around 232 for awhile now. I keep 'floating' around the 229 to 234 range, but have never stayed below the range for any length of time.

I've recently (last Sunday) decided, with my naturopath's encouragement, to stop using Aspartame and drinking Diet Coke.
I used to drink about 2 litres a day of Diet Coke, plus was getting aspartame from other sources too.
Alot of people think that using artificial sweetners while low-carbing can slow down weight loss, so I'm hoping that this too might help jump start things again.

I noticed from your other posts that you like to have an occasional beer. Me too. I love the taste of beer, and miss it alot. I try to have it only occasionally.

Well, that's enough blathering from me (for now!)

Chris