Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 09:56
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 252/248.5/165
BF:49%/40%/20%
Progress: 4%
Default Toronto - Low Carb Lifestylers

Hello All,

I live in Toronto and noticed that there isn't an active group for the Greater Toronto Area.. I'm going to attach my story (from my journal) below .. If any GTA Low Carb Lifestylers are interested in creating a local "forum" wherein we all keep each other positive, supported, accountable and healthy .. then I'd like to hear from them..

Here's my story (from my July 4th Journal Entry)..

I don't quite know what to write here.. but you must know it comes from the heart.. I have been overweight all of my life - perhaps since I was about 10 years old (I'm 33) .. I'm sick of it.. I want to be the person I feel I am on the inside.. This is the last, best hope.. and hopefully all of you will help me keep on the straight and narrow.. here's to the first day of the rest of my (thin) life!...

You see, I have been trying to lose my weight permanently all my life, and have succeeded during my late teens (I had a good high-school experience, for the most part); but upon my university years and later working life, I gained weight - until I peaked at about 252 lbs ~ 49% bodyfat (123.48 lbs of fat - that's a person's worth!!) in March of this year..

Anyhow, I started low-carbing again (my 5th or 6th attempt - I never had any support or support group - I felt like I was all alone with this) in March - very badly I might add - I'd do it for the day and then have donuts at like 12 midnight or something - so silly.. It wasn't working - so I gave up..

I discovered Golf, now a passion with me - and I started playing or practicing on the range everyday - becoming more active and such.. I decided I should give low-carbing another try - and then discovered this site...

I had not weighed myself until this morning (4th of July) - I had thought I was back up at my 252 lbs... Much to my suprise, I now weight 240 lbs at 45% bodyfat (108 lbs of fat!!) - a loss of 15.48 lbs of fat!!!

I guess the moral of the story is: 1. find something you love to do which is physical (golf in my case) 2. don't check the scale every 12 hours (!) like I used to do - it can only demoralize you!

By the way, I had been eating all types of food since the end of May, not watching what I ate.. but I did not binge since I was eating just when I was hungry.. and I lost weight.

I can't wait to see the results in the coming months when I combine a proper Low Carb way of life with my new-found passion for Golf and the moral support you folks provide! - I think I have found my "Zone" of high performance when I combine these three things..

Once again, good luck to all of you.. Together we will make it happen

Best wishes,

Christian
Sponsored Links