View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-14, 10:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/186/140 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 39%

At 28, I don't really think I'm in the "old" category yet, but I'm a pretty slow loser too. I'm insulin resistant, have thyroid problems, and pretty terrible will power. All this results in a roller coaster ride of experimentation, which is tough for my impatient personality. I have to work hard just to give a new process enough time to actually work. Certain times of the year are hard for me, and I let things like holidays derail me and then I place the blame on things like how hard it is to not taste the cookies my 5-year old begged me to make with her, etc, etc. finding alternative recipes, making time for yoga and exercise, sleeping enough, and staying focused on being healthy instead of losing weight are the things that help me keep on track the most. But not always.

I started low carb in February 2012. I lost my first 15 lbs really quickly, and that was a great motivator to keep going. The following 30 lbs or so has been long, up-and-down, and tiring, at nearly 3 years of work. In that time I've undergone some thyroid work and a cancer scare.

At this point in my journey I'm trying to just accept myself as I am today, but focus each moment on doing what's best and most healthy for my body. If I make those good choices all the time I'm bound to lose more weight. And if I don't, at least my blood sugars have regulated and been in healthy range since june 2012, my cholesterol #'s are great, and my thyroid is under control.

This article will be a great read during times when I let the stress of not losing win over my mindset. So thanks!