View Single Post
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-09, 00:41

Plan: No Carb plan
Stats: 128/125/130 Female 5.5'
BF:
Progress:

Oops, I think I posted to the wrong page here. Nuts! I hate it when that happens. Disregard this, then. I was trying to post to the commentaries regarding the article about "Eating lots of Carbs Raises the Risk of Breast Cancers". Oh, Duh!
Oh, well, dieticians? That's like expecting doctors to view nutrition as important, somehow they've never gotten the connection. I went to a Doctor for my RA, and I told him I don't want a bunch of drugs. He, sourly, said "Well, diet doesn't work, it's too restrictive". Well, I guess in a way he's right, because over 80% of the grocery store space is devoted to high carb, high sugar products. If I want to get really healthy, I have to restrict myself to unprocessed, unmanufactured, unboxed, unpackaged food. Now they say it should be organic, free-range, grass-fed, etc., etc. Which is expensive. Go figure....the less they do to the food, the more it costs. What a racket!!!! If I want to lower inflammation, I have to eat wild-caught fish, grass-fed organic beef, free-range, organic fed chickens, and vegetables, and fat with pure reversed osmosis organic water; -No sweets, sugar, honey, molasses,etc., no caffeine, no alcohol, - champagne, wine, vodka, Guiness, no dairy, cheese, no nightshades, no grains, no bacon, sausage, no pork, no nuts, no fruit. It makes life dull indeed, but if I stray, within 5 to 7 days, I have IBS, painful, painful eczema, RA/FM pain, Insomnia, and fatigue. The eczema is the worst. So, I guess, I'll have to accept restrictive, because the alternative is not worth it. I'm still fighting the acceptance stage, obviously.