View Single Post
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-17, 07:57
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Yesterday I did my last hard, strength building workout prior to the April 1 10K race. I walked, jogged, and sprinted for 10.5 miles yesterday in a 2 hour and 40 minute workout at the nearby public school complex. I did a lap on the cross-country course and ran up and walked down 'murder hill' 5 times. I jogged a couple of miles on the school track. I sprinted 100 yds 10 or 12 times, walking the corners. In other words, I put it all out there yesterday and I'm feeling it today. Legs are quite wobbly this morning. Today is a recovery day. For this week I will just do my normal walks and a couple of decent jogs before resting up in the days prior to the 10K.

I worked out like a horse over the weekend and ate like one, too. I had too many carbs as well so I was up on the scales this morning. I'm fasting today. Hopefully I can make this one last more than a day or two. I want to be in deep ketosis and shed this extra water that I'm carrying. Next week I will be eating VLCHF (very low carb/high fat). I want to keep the water weight off and be running on fat in that 10K.

Last year I ran the 10K in 71 minutes. I started training earlier this year, but I didn't get my weight down as much as I would have liked. I'd love to run the 10K this year in under 1 hour; however, I'm not going to kill myself trying to do it. I want to enjoy the race. I'll be happy with a six minute improvement - 1 minute per mile shaved off of last year's pace. So running the 10K in 65 minutes or less is the plan.