Registered Member

Plan: CALP, now Schwarzbein
Stats: 203/143/143 Female 160 cm
BF:56%/22%/22%
Progress: 100%
Default re: aches and pains

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerGuy
Of course, none of us are getting any younger.

Really? I thought I would be the exception

Quote:
I asked about muscle vs. joint pain because they can come from different causes. If joint pain, you may have a sensitivity to something; Dr. S suggests in her latest book the avoidance of gluten as a starting point. (My naturopath was on a speaking tour with Dr S, and says he believes she's onto something there...) If I eat much bread and don't exercise much, my joints get stiff and they ache.

I've done an elimination/rotation plan a long time and also have been tested for food allergies. Fortunately I'm not sensitive/allergic to any of the grains
or gluten in general and also not to dairy (wahoo!!!) But I have pollen allergies, now if I would eat birches, that would be another story ;-)) But thanks for the thought, I know I can't tolerate certain foods and stay away from them (e.g. I get a very bad taste in my mouth when I eat onions )

Quote:
Muscle pain that moves around may be due to toxins that are being released as part of the cleansing process. Did the pains start soon after you started on TSB? Are you drinking lots of water, and getting some daily exercise?

I've had this kind of pain before, but it started again when I switched to TSP, so I htink it's just my body readjusting to my slightly different eating.

I exercise 4 times a week (cardio and weight training) but am tapering down on cardio. Oh, and on Sundays DH and I go for a 1.5 hrs walk, but that is mostly fun, I don't count that as exercise. Oh, and I drink at least 4 liters of water a day.

Quote:
Hope you're doing better! (From your replies, it sounds like it)

Yup, thanks! I also have been very nervous when I switched over to TSP because I feared to gain weight. I did gain a little (3-4 lbs) but now it seems to stabilize. My measurements haven't changed and so I assume it's just muscle and bones (I'm rather muscular due to the weight training I've been doing for almost 20 years). Now that my weight seems to be stable, I'm getting more calm and confident. I know my body, when I calm down, it also doesn't hurt so much anymore, sometimes I just think too much, LOL.

Quote:
PS: I'm guessing that Bulemia can mess up your system for a great deal of time. If you went from Bulemia to any kind of nutrient-restrictive diet, it may take a good while to heal your system. But it also sounds like your body is telling you that you are now giving it exactly what it needs to heal - and that's a very good thing!

Yes, it really feels like it! Fortunately I have eaten a lot of protein, vegetables and good fats on CALP also so that I wasn't starved or malnourished when I switched over to TSP, I just ate too little carbs and correcting this makes me feel so much better and stable, it's a true miracle.

Thanks, Don! I really appreciate your thoughts!!

Barbara