Old Thu, Jun-29-06, 09:27
Registered Member

Plan: CALP, now Schwarzbein
Stats: 203/143/143 Female 160 cm
BF:56%/22%/22%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachykeen
Though it sounds like you're doing alot of things quite right, you mentioned you have been bulimic... are you still?
Di

No, not really. I have been (almost) without symptoms for the last 5 years, there have been 3 episodes this year when I was extremely stressed and hormonal, but they were nothing compared to what I did when I was young (not that I'm old now, just wiser, LOL). That was also the time when I decided to go off CALP because I wasn't satisfied with what I was doing anymore at all and that contributed to the flare up of the bulimia too IMO. Schwarzbein is so much more "normal" and it really feels good, for me it seems like the answer I have been searching for all my life.

Quote:
That could certainly cause a disruption in your hormone levels resulting in many of your uncomfortable symptoms. If you are no longer bulimic, it could just be your hormones levels adjusting.
Di

I really hope so, I'm also very weather sensitive and we have had a lot of ups and downs in temps lately that might have contributed to my down feelings too. Normally I get a migraine when a low pressure system comes but lately I've just been feeling blah. Some progress I guess ;-)

Quote:
I am 57 and in menopause though I only take thyroid meds but I suffered from all of your symptoms prior to going on Synthroid. Maybe you should see your endocrinologist and have your various hormonal levels checked again, perhaps something is out of whack. It just sounds so much like what I had been going through with hypothyroidism.
Di

Well, my thyroid is another story. I've been treated with levothyroxin (T4) since 1981 but I never really felt better on it. My TSH was always very low on meds, my T4 normal, but my T3 was low too. I then got a combination of T3/T4 but that only made me nervous (and fat!). The last years I was back to just T4 and was taking up to 200mcg without feeling good, I still had constipation, felt cold very often etc.

After reading Schwarzbeins books I realized I may have adrenal gland burnout and/or a lifestyle based endocrine thyroid condition and so I've started lately tapering down on my thyroid meds and improving my eating esp. because I was not eating enough carbs.

When I was on 200 mcg Thyroxin my TSH was 0.001. T4 was 14.1, T3 was 1.2 then I went down to 150mcg Thyroxin and believe it or not, my TSH was 0.04 then, my T4 14.8 and my T3 1.4. This clearly shows me my thyroid is waking up and I jut don't need all these thyroid meds, I just have to eat better and make my own gland work again.

I have now gone down to 125mcg thyroxin and will get retested in September, I'm already very curious.

Quote:
Have you read Dr. S's latest book, The Program? I found it very useful when I was going through the transition, especially the section on the Healing Program.
Di

Yes, I've read all of her books. Esp. the part in her newest book about T4 being converted to reverseT3 was interesting to me because that seems
to be exactly what is happening to me.

Anyway, thanks so much for your reply, it feels good being able to talk about all this with someone who knows what I'm talking about :-))

And sorry for the lengthy reply, I told you I was chatty, LOL (and German, so please excuse any mistakes!).

Barbara