Thread: Zero Carb, wow!
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-16, 08:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Yes, but that's kind of the whole point. IF you are capable of going completely zero carb--and that doesn't mean meatballs with onions in them--you are probably intensely focused. And people who are intensely focused, just like people who are scattered, believe, in their hearts of hearts, that everyone is mostly like them.

The difference is that, if you are scattered, you are a bit more forgiving: you understand that things get lost in the flotsam and jetsam in the brain. But if you are intensely focused, you DON'T understand that, and you kind of assume that people who don't live as you do are lazy, or fooling themselves or whatever, and you can easily go from that belief to disdain for them and their lives.

I see it, a bit, in myself. There are people who routinely go off plan for what seem to me to be trivial reasons: a party, the holidays, a vacation, a family dinner at Mom's, whatever. And, if they want to do that, it's their life. But I get a little nuts when they then proceed to complain that this WOE doesn't work, and what can they do differently?

I yell to myself: stick to THIS WOE, that's what you can do differently!

But. As M. says, it's much more pleasant to be around nice people. So I either say nothing, or I try to suggest that staying 100% on plan for at least two months will show them whether or not it really works.

If I don't care, because I have an extremely rigid view of what works, because it works for ME, therefore, everyone should do it, well, I just might be a jerk, anyway.