View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-18, 13:11

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi, Scorpio. Welcome! If you would like to see an overview of a typical low carb plan, here is a link to an at-a-glance synopsis of Dr. Atkins' revised plan:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-a...tkins-diet.html

Keeping carb grams under 50, enough protein to repair tissue, and enough fat to feel like smiling, is an easy standard.

An ounce of meat, fish, or cheese has 6 - 7 grams of protein. A whole egg also has 6 - 7 grams of protein.

Ideal protein amount is a widely discussed subject. It is easier to start a Low Carb way of life by eating extra protein and fat, while keeping the carbs very low, to get accustomed to the metabolic shift, from using glucose for fuel, to using fat for fuel.

Protein recommendations run quite a gamut. Some use ideal weight, some use height, some use Lean Body Mass as a starting place to calculate. I'm very hesitant to write a specific guideline, but I think 1 gram of protein per Kg of ideal weight would be a minimum, to start. And adjust according to experience and views of metabolism.

Have a look around all the sub-forums, if you like. There is a wide range of menu choice and food planning here.

I wish you success and much joy with Low Carb living.