Old Sun, Jun-17-18, 11:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/130/110 Female 5’’4
BF:
Progress:
Default Never tried low carb before- any advice would be great

Hi everyone!

So I’ve tried every diet going- and over the years I’ve been slimmer, I’ve been fatter, but at the moment for the last 6 months weight has been slowly creeping up, despite me trying several diets, it’s just not going down.

The funny thing is that it’s not like I don’t know “what to do”. I have an honours degree in Nutrition- yeah, go figure. And in fact that’s what’s steered me away from low carb diets so far- all of what we learn in university and all the government guidelines suggest we should be basing our meals on starchy carbs. But I’ve been questioning this lately- maybe the government is wrong. These guidelines were made over 50 years ago- and now the UK is 62% overweight and rising.

And personally, I know carbs are my weakness. Not necessarily the sugary ones, cakes and biscuits and all those things do nothing for me. But pasta, noodles, rice, and crisps are my weakness. And however “healthy” I make my meals, they are large portions and I struggle with satisfying my appetite. So I’m going to give low carb a go for the first tome. I don’t really know almost how to plan around it! Tomorrow’s meal plan is:

High protein low carb diet (5g carbs). Black coffee with sweetener.
Chicken salad with Caesar dressing (10g carbs)
Mushroom omelette with salad (5g carbs? Is it? I don’t know!) lol.

Any advice? Does that sound like a stupid diet plan?

Am so used to counting calories I feel out of my depth here!
Sponsored Links