#19   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-11, 12:14

Plan: 160g animal protein/day
Stats: 185/167/165 Female 5'10
BF:35
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollys121
By the way I am in ketosis, drink at least 5-6 pints of water and am NOT going over my 20g of carbs a day. Honestly what more can i do?
Also i have a question about bacon - I have read that it should be nitrate free, but honestly I have searched near and wide and just cannot find this 'special' bacon. So is normal bacon completely off my menu?
Sorry, one more question I was wondering if you, or anyone you know started Atkins, lost the weight but came off it whilst still maintaining their weight? I have heard that the younger you are, the easier this is to do (i presume it is to do with exercising)
By the way some of your posts were making me laugh. aaha (:

I am 23 and have not done any exercise, and the weight is coming off. Now I'm in the "last ten pounds" phase which takes the loooongest. You can call me the world's laziest dieter.

You might try flipping through Taubes' book Why We Get Fat:
http://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Get-Fa...t/dp/0307272702

He talks about exercise and how it's ineffective for fat loss. I mean if you're doing it to feel good, then that's a different thing. But if it feels like torture and you're doing it for the specific purpose to lose weight, it's perfectly okay to hold off until you're close to your goal weight.

I don't eat nitrate-free bacon...just the regular kind. Here's a post relating to nitrates:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...ghlight=nitrate

The thing on nitrates is blown waaay out of proportion.

I'm not following the Atkins book to the T. I'm simply limiting my intake to 30-40 grams of carbs a day. The longer you eat this way, the more you will want to eat this way. People on here will tell you that after they have a cheat day and eat something like candy, they feel like crap. For most of us, we get inflammation and stomach sickness. Refined carbs, I think, are actually toxic and make us sick.