View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 14:52

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

This group was quite active at one time, but for various reasons, it's stagnant now.

But that's not an issue because you now have a link to my journal which has links to other whole fooders journals as well. The journals are where you will see the real support.

Also, you should try the Triple Digits Club forum on this site, there are a lot folks there who have over 100 pounds to lose that lend a lot of support. Most of them are on Atkins, however, the support is the same.

I don't follow SP to a T and fine tuend it to my life. I always thought the measuring and counting carbs was tedius and avoided it. I have been very successful for over 5 years and have enjoyed my life in the process.

I think the Doc gets too complicated with her hormone stuff and all the types of programs based on your adrenals, etc, yadda... I just stick with WHOLE FOODS, eat normal portions of them (that will come with time), and I walk regularly (daily).

My body healed pretty fast, actually, I think a year was about when I noticed the most dramatic change in how I processed food and felt. Within weeks, all my stats changed dramatically.

I have never been low carb like Atkins, but just concentrated on eating whole foods as much as possible. I'm not a purist, but some things I am pretty ardent about.

Anyway, you can read all about it, take a few days most likely to read through it all, but you can see a 5 plus year journey in my journal and see what REAL weight loss and healing looks like.

And now I am on a mission to dump off the rest of this weight. I am just 63 pounds from my goal, and I am ON FIRE to get it off baby! Make sure to start your own journal. Stop by my journal and post a thought I will have your bookmarked. EAT WELL! --Betty

PS I really thought her latest book, THE PROGRAM, was the best and least complicated. I threw out the other two!