Donuts
1 egg
1/2 stick (1/4 c) butter, melted
2 tbsp Splenda or erythritol
1 tsp vanilla
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
Splenda & cinnamon for topping
Canola oil

Heat about 1 inch of oil in a heavy skillet until it's hot enough for frying. While the oil heats, beat the egg lightly with the melted butter, then add the Splenda, protein powder, and vanilla. Whisk together until all the lumps are pretty much broken up, then let it rest a minute or two and whisk a bit more (batter will still have a grainy look to it, but that's fine). Using a small ladle or large spoon, drop the batter by large tablespoonfuls into the hot oil in batches of 4. Fry until bottoms are golden-brown, which will only take a few seconds, then flip. Drain on paper towels, then sprinkle with Splenda and cinnamon to taste and serve hot.

Makes about 8 doughnut holes, and serves 2-4 depending on how piggy you are.

COUNTS:
Counts are for total recipe, excluding the sprinkled Splenda/cinnamon, and may vary a little bit depending on your brand of whey. The carbs are mostly from the Splenda, so using an alternative heat-stable sweetener will cut the carb count a bit more (I use erythritol).
Calories: 586
Fat: 52g
Carbs: 6g
Protein: 24g

I didn't have the protein powder so I used my atkins vanilla shake mix instead. The whole recipe was a big flop. I am guessing you really have to have the protein powder but I can't find it anywhere. anyone kjnow of another donut recipe i can try