Old Sat, Jun-02-18, 20:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167.3/162/125.6 Female 157cm
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Cremorne says hullo.

Hello everyone.

I am gluten intolerant yet bread is my favourite food. I can put on a kilo of weight from a baguette, my stomach swells to awful and I can never lose weight while eating it. ..and I stick to sourdough and artisan bread.

Five years ago I did the Dukan diet to much success, losing 15kg in 6months and reaching my goal weight in Jan 2013 . A year later I shattered my ankle and couldn't walk for 3 months. Then I stopped walking (I had walked for 30 mins every day on Dukan) and gradually I began eating everything that was bad for me. Not rubbish - I eat good food, make it myself mostly from good wholefood ingredients. Its not that I eat burgers, or crisps or fast food but I eat too much and have a sedentary lifestyle.

I am now back to where I was before I lost weight. Five years older I now suffer from hypertension and soreness. We all have those lightbulb moments where we become decisive. Its usually the only time when we can make a success of our goals whatever they are. I had my MOMENT a week ago and I chose to go with Atkins. I chose Atkins because its been around for a long time and I hope its the last diet I go on and I hope it will get me on to my final last track. I am 67 years old and want to kick the overeating habit and the bread. I could live on bread, butter, vegemite, cheese and tomatoes with the occasional piece of fruit and a daily salad. Seriously! That would do me and I would be happy. And that food puts me in jeopardy. My blood pressure is very high. (I also drink too much - wine not water haha.)

I have found that I like structure around food plans. I don't want to have to figure it out otherwise I will go the easy route which is bread and cheese. Atkins has really nice recipes. They are palatable, somewhat modern and because of the fat, tasty and satisfying.

I was/am horrified at the fat content in Atkins which goes against decades of conditioning. I made some organic chicken sausages yesterday and wanted to drain the fat and realised I'm not meant to. In the end i had to but I'm working that out.

Anyway I've rambled on here but thats my history and reasons. I expect my first week on Atkins to have resulted in a 4kg loss and the 2nd week probably a wee bit less. I had bad Keto flu, thought I had the flu, but today is good and I feel energetic and positive. I feel in control, I feel I am eating really well, my house is tidy , my pantry is full of fabulous good fresh food and its costing me less because I'm not throwing out food I dont eat. And I get to eat cheese and avocado and have cream in my coffee. Whats not to like...

PS, Sorry for the loooooonnng post.
Sponsored Links