View Single Post
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-07, 11:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/166/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I don't think of myself as having PCOS but I find all threads in this forum interesting.

After reading this thread I look up AN and found pictures of the conditions which is attributed to AN. I noticed the dry elbow/darkening around the elbow. Immediately I checked my elbows because that's been a problem to me in the past. It was nearly gone. Today, the rough/dry patch is completely gone.

Apparently, AN can be caused by insulin resistance and the physical results thereof. I have been not cheating and low-carbing for about seven days now. Now, I have another real reason to believe this LC WOL is good for me. I no longer have indigestion and now the dry patches on my elbows are gone. Hopefully, the slight discoloration will also leave.

I had no idea those dry elbow patches were related to my metabolism. I just thought it was because they were used too much and dry.

My dry skin problems also seem to be correcting themselves on my legs and feet. I cannot say for sure after only a week, but the elbow situation is a for sure turn around in a very short (five day) amount of time.

I stumbled upon this side bar benefit and hope that you guys will be heartened and encouraged by my report. Good luck!

Wow, knowledge is a powerful thing!