View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-18, 09:30

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I actually find it laughable that he even considers there to be a war on bread. Really? I see tons of bread go out of the grocery store where I work on a daily basis. Baguettes, sourdoughs, those huge, long Italian and French loaves, whole grains, white breads, challah, rye breads, flat breads, pitas, hot dog buns, burger buns, sub rolls, sandwich rolls and dinner rolls of all shapes and sizes... they all sell in astounding numbers. To say nothing of the bagels, muffins, and donuts - And that's just from the in-store bakery! Tons more bread of all kinds is sold from the commercial bread aisle - we have one person working for several hours every single day just replenishing the stock of bread in the commercial bread aisle.

So what's happening to all this bread if there's such a war on it? Are the buyers taking it out to use for target practice? That would be the sign of an actual war on it.

And why does several times more bread sell when there's any threat of snow in the forecast? I've seen some people leave there with 15-20 loaves of bread the day before even a small storm is forecast, as if they somehow believe they'll be snowbound for several weeks by an inch or two of snow, and they're so enamoured with bread that they want zero risk of running out of bread.

War on bread, my foot.

Some people don't eat bread - I'm one of them of course. But the vast majority of people eat it, and eat lots of it every single day, so I'm not buying the idea that there's any kind of real war on bread. Sales may just not be increasing the way they did 30 years ago when the propaganda promoting 6-11 slices daily first started, but it's hardly the poor improperly maligned victim of paleo, keto, and LC in general that they would have you believe.
Sponsored Links