View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-13, 08:55

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 240/197.1/160 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Concerned about weight stalls and strength training

Hey all. Im in 2nd week of induction. On day 1 I started a new exercise program of 2-3 miles cardio either through running, eliptical or bike for 35 min followed by strength training for about. 15-20 min depending on how I feel. I do this mon-fri. I just use the machines as I dont know how to lift properly with free weights. I've done pretty well. But the stalls frustrate me to hell. I know my muscles are retaining water but still its frustrating to not see the scale move for 4 days. Especially during induction. Now all total ive lost about 7lb so far which is great! But not seeing the numbers change is driving me crazy. I know "don't weigh daily" but it's so hard to break the habit. I want to see some numbers drop especially as I have so far to go. Is strength training impeding my loss as I am constantly retaining water in my muscles from strength training? Should I just do cardio? Or does the water retention eventually get less and less to where it won't show gains or stalls on the scale? I know measurements are more important, and I have lost about an inch off my waist and hips, not sure about the rest cause those 2 are about all I measured at the start. Advice/encouragement?
Sponsored Links