#13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-14, 20:50

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 352/332/240 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by abby1020
How do you cope with a situation where everyone is eating something that you can't?

You've already received some great advice here! This quote below is the biggest thing that comes into play in this situation -

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
The important thing is that we figure what works for us as individuals and stick with what works.

What worked for me - I know you didn't ask, but I'm sharing - I went, I declined whatever it was everyone else was eating. I thanked them, if they pushed further, explained why I couldn't have it, if they pushed more, I explained more. Pushed further, just stated I couldn't have it, might even add it'd make me sick to have it. That usually ends it. I try and find something on the menu that I can have, even if it's just a drink.

I don't avoid these situations as some people suggest. If you absolutely know you can't go without cheating and can avoid the situation, then that might be the better option. But that's not always the case for me. I have baked cookies and cakes for my daughters - do you know how hard it is not to like the spoon, your fingers, the bowl!?!?! But I haven't - I've been doing this for 9 months now. I don't necessarily know what I did, or how I do it. I made my mind up that I had to do something. That's been it. I may cheat or slip up tomorrow, but I don't plan to.

And no, you're not going to gain 15 pounds - just get back on plan and get after it!