View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-07, 16:36
Low-Carb Dharma

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 446.5/434.6/150 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Fantastic stuff! I'm glad to see this especially after reading this story on another forum -

Story of a 25 year old woman on Kimkins -
Quote:
Since starting on kimkins I've more or less steered clear of strenuous exercise so I could let my body adjust to the new nutritional levels but the last two days, I attempted to do the beginning tape of Turbo Jam to get back into the swing of things.

I couldn't even get 10 minutes into the tape. I found myself extremely fatigued and at several points I was so dizzy, I really thought I might pass out if I didn't stop. I had to pause and grab onto the wall to get settled again.

I'm not new to exercise - I'm only 25 years old, no health problems, and I typically go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do 75 minutes on the elliptical (clocking 6-7 miles) and then finish with weights. Now I'm terrified of going back to the gym and falling off the machine!

Is my body still adjusting, or am I just not consuming enough calories? I'm concerned about the health aspect of my diet if I can't even exercise without passing out. Should I just add more veggies? I've been sticking to shakes and K/E but I'm going to add a cup of spinach tonight to see if that helps the situation.

Is anyone else having problems with this? I was hoping to start bootcamp on Thursday but I want to adjust my lifestyle properly before then."

"Dizziness got worse today - feels like I'm having heart rhythm issues but maybe I'm being over dramatic. I'm going to add a few cups of spinach today and stop for extra potassium and magnesium supplements on my way home."

This is just horrifying. Truly.. as the original poster said, the worst part was that the advice she was given was that maybe she was drinking too much water... no one suggested she see a doctor... :shakes head: