Old Thu, Mar-11-10, 10:06
Registered Member

Plan: carnivore/vlc
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 170
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmikee
I buy only cheap cuts when I get grass-fed - liver, heart, tongue, bones, roasts and ground. My steaks are always corn-fed - not only are they cheaper, but they're not so tough and lean.

With chicken I always get pastured or organic, but mostly what I get is cheap stuff: stewing hens, backs, and feet for making stock. Wings for eating.

I get pastured pork when I can, even chops, but I still go for cheap when I do. I love me a pastured pork butt. I also eat a lot of CAFO chops and ground pork.

Unfortunately, the small processors around here who do the pastured beef and pork don't have the facilities to scald the feet, so ears and tails are the only extremities I can get.

wow dude, you really do the hardcore stuff!!!

I never in my life ate heart, tongue, tails, ears or feet of any animal. Thinking about it doesn't make me salivate. But then again, I have been vegetarian for so many years. We may talk again in 20 years, haha.

What's CAFO chops?

I keep my fingers crossed that time given your burp issue will solve itself and your body will heal. Good luck with that. Cannot think of anything to help or suggest. What does your doc say?