View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-17, 03:07

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Apparently not, no one has answered so far and I haven't used them. Nor any other brand probiotics. The whole gut microbiome is interesting, Dr William Davis of Wheat Belly gives advice on what to take for both pre and probiotics in his new book, but I have not been convinced I need them. We don't know enough about what "bugs" are normal, in what amounts, and it varies so week to week. We just don't know enough to add those four strains and think it will improve you, eating these foods, at this time. (I think he recommended a 10 strain, taking 50B a day, like the NOW brand found on Amazon?? Probiotics-10, 25B x 2)

Do you have digestive issues that warrant Probiotics? First I would give eating healthy real foods three months...no sugar, no grains that feed the "bad bugs"...to see if any health issues improve. That alone may change the strains in the gut? Add some good fermented foods, like live yogurt, fermented vegetables, kimchi. I do occasionally use an acacia fiber which is supposed to be a pre-biotic fiber.

There were a few other threads on probiotics.http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...64&page=2&pp=15

Ps: that does seem expensive to me. That NOW bottle is $14 for 25 days...not that I've used it or think you should buy it