#7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-16, 15:23

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by springy
Hello and thank you in advance for your help...

I am 51, in menopause, a former athlete and have gained twenty pounds over the past three years that I cannot lose. I am currently in Ketosis and was losing until I hit 151 pounds. Now I am bouncing up and down for the past four days. I have been eating LESS THAN 20 carbs, LESS THAN 1000 calories and burning an average of 1800 calories for ten days! I am starting to get headachy and lethargic but I am sticking to it. What is going on?! I should be dropping weight steadily and quickly. So discouraged. This is too hard for no results.
hi there. Once you're done initial induction-mode weight loss, most of us slow down to 1 pound loss per week. After a few months, I often hover at same weight for a couple weeks. Just be realistic on the time it will take to lose your 20. The general rule is the less we have to lose (and you have just a little) the longer it takes. So just be patient.
I agree with others you need to eat more. Use fitday.com to plug in current weight and height and it will spit out decent daily caloric intake for your size. Read an Atkins book so you can relax and happily eat low carb healthy fat while still losing weight. I'm 54 -weight loss does change with each passing decade
Still...there is no reason you won't lose the weight you want to, in a slow and healthy way. Most of us here have recognized LCHF is for life, not just for weight loss. Best of luck.