View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 15:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/131.7/132 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 101%

Thanks for the suggestions for making the recipes more low carb and for the link to the article. I'll email it to my sister in Atlanta and others I know will find it of interest.

Darn, I should have picked up some 1 carb ketchup when I was in Seattle for the Flower and Garden show. I'll get it on my trip to California in May.

Wednesday I went to Don Letendre's class at Barbara Jo's. Somewhat low carb. He made Vij's lamb popsicles; (he added a hint he got from going to see Vikram because the recipe didn't work when he made it--Stir in the cream just before serving and use fenugreek leaves chopped not the seeds ground); spicy Japanese eggplant with calamari (low carb except for the flour. I haven't had much squid and loved these); and then Korean Kim Chee Prawns with Login Berry Compote (ok-- the compote is no way low carb. Interesting flavors new to me. He served it with a salad--raw bok choy, almonds and other things) The first two recipes are in the Vancouver Cooks book. He appears to be a very genuine and pleasant person and creative --almost like you.

He showed me some of his favorite cook books--one by Moro, Guy Savoy's Simple French Recipes and then some professional books (and very expensive) --Spoon Cook book and The Culinary Chronicle. Fun to look at.

When we ate at the Moustache Cafe when he had first opened there, he let me go look at his library and recommended Michel Roux's Sauces, Flavors of the Riviera by Colman Andrews, and Food of the Sun, all of which I bought.

In the meantime, enjoy these last days of late winter. I'm planning my spring cleaning, getting ready for Easter.

I've signed up for the March 22 class and April 5. I was going to do the Halibut but it looks not enough low carb for me. I'll probably do the May ones as well.

Cheers. Ruth