View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-13, 09:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

I sympathise. I find it impossible to get my weight below 168lbs. In the past I tried to go into maintenance mode, in order to give myself a change and allow my body to reset, but all that happens is that I gain weight again. I can easily get back down to 168, then the scales will not budge, no matter how cleanly I eat, or how few calories I am taking in. I am still carrying too much fat, but I don't know how to lose it. I'm currently experimenting with percentages and calories and at least that is giving me a focus. One good thing is that I can eat pretty much what I like on occasion without worrying that it'll spoil my weight-loss progress. I do occasionally feel very depressed that I am trying so hard most of the time with no rewards for my efforts, but I just distract myself and it soon passes. Because I am not losing weight, I do allow more indulgence in my diet, perhaps the way you have done.. This makes it feel more like maintenance rather than active weight-loss mode. It stinks to be stuck, but it's better than gaining weight back. Just think back to those hideous clothes you used to have to wear or the rolls of blubber which you'd have to drag around. Every day we diet, it is another day we retain our slim figure, and I think that's a lot to be thankful for.