#43   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-12, 09:25

Plan: Low carb Paleo
Stats: 294/292/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I think the foundation for a lot of that, while it feels like it comes from our brain, might really be coming from our malnourished body, screaming for nutrients... which never come.

I hear that the amino acid L Glutamine can work wonders for sugar cravings. Chromimum picolinate works for some. I've started taking Spirulina tablets and a clove of garlic after dinner; I've seen my time between meals lengthen and my sleep improve.

Other folks find extra fat, or extra protein, shuts off the alarm.

Perhaps worth exploring?

Yes, it is worth exploring. Is L Glutamine available in supplement form? I will get some today, and also some Chromium Picolinate. I read recently that Chlorella is helpful to some people who suffer from fatigue, which I do, and thought maybe it would help with my fibromyalgia. Spirulina is made frm an aglae also, isn't it? The garlic clove is an interesting idea, do you just swallow it whole? Seems like that would give you heartburn in the middle of the night, not to mention really bad morning breath. I could deal with the breath, but heartburn? I have to be so careful what I eat, especially before bed. Still, these are good ideas, Werebear, and I appreciate your support. Thanks!