View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-10, 00:27

Plan: Dr. Eric Westman's/Atkins
Stats: 150/148/132 Female 5'-4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Nancy...did you say that you tried Armour, and it made you hyper and tired at the same time or was it the T3 only that did this? I sorta misunderstood what you wrote. Doesn't Armour have T4 in it? If so, couldn't T4 actually make RT3 get worse? That's why I have laid off the synthroid, at least for now. I KNOW the T4 did nothing for the hair loss and I wasn't feeling better with it either. Only the T3 stopped the hair loss! It was massive too...I blew up the central vac in our house.

From what I've learned, if you have leptin resistance you have to deal with that in order to really get better. I found out I definitely do NOT have it but DO have an RT3 problem as my ratio of RT3 to Free T3 is out of whack. I have joined two yahoo groups now that talk a lot about this.

One is http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Leptin_Resistance and the other one is Val's T3 Resistance group http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42879/*h.../group/RT3_T3at

I've learned a lot there about "how" to take T3 so that it fixes the problem without making you hyper. I checked on this too b/c I am already too hyper and can't sleep as it is! If nothing else you can get a code (at link #1) that will let you order the leptin test directly online. You can find out if leptin resistance is a problem very, very easily. Didn't cost much for the test either. Now, I am onto learning all about Wilson's Temperature Syndrome because I have ruled out "leptin resistance" as the cause of any of my problems.

I must say though....in a conversation w/ the forum owner, she did say "I don't believe you have a leptin problem" but, it was information I didn't have and wanted so now I am better armed for my endo appt. At least now I know and don't have to even bring this up at all to the doctor. I still wish I didn't have to be learning all this stuff....but it's obvious the medical profession can't be trusted to fix us. Look at what they have done to people with low fat diets and now continue to do with statins! I have no reason to believe our thyroid conditions are going to be treated properly. I want FULL resolution of my symptoms if possible....and I am going to keep on keeping on. Reverse T3 can be cured and even on the Wilson's site, it says it can be unrelated to Hashimoto's.

Whew.....didn't mean to go on and on.....sorry! You have helped me a lot so I had to try to return the favor.