View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-19-16, 11:12
Registered Member

Plan: Partially dietitian
Stats: 161.4/158.8/148 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi Rosebud. Your calculation is for total carbs. I get 60 net grams of carbs per day. There is fiber in the almonds I ground from scratch. My calculation was net carbs not total carbs. I used whole unblanched almonds.

If someone is on a plan like Atkins, then this is surely not a recipe you'd want to make. But not everyone on this site follows Atkins or similar very low carb diets. My 60 net grams of carbs IS in fact low carb in this world. Maybe not as low carb as Atkins, but still low carb. And as for "low fat", my dietitian prescribed diet does limit my fat consumption to a degree. In that case this was a welcome recipe despite the fact that almonds are not exactly fat free.

I'm very appreciative for my diet and know some others here follow similar ones that are low carb but not "as low carb" as other diets. I apologize that this recipe can not be used by all, but I didn't see why it shouldn't be posted because of that. Most "regular" muffins have net carbs that can range from 35 to 75 net carbs each. The above recipe is certainly far lower in net carbs than them.