View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-06-18, 08:11
Registered Member

Plan: LC, IF
Stats: 256/240/190 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

May I offer an opinion here? I have found this works for me for weight loss.

When you eat 3 meals a day plus snacks, you are keeping your insulin levels high all day long. Protein foods do raise insulin levels, although not as much as carbs do.

Insulin is the "fat storage" hormone. It instructs your liver to store food in your fat cells and ALSO instructs the fat cells not to release any stored fat.

Have you ever tried Intermittent Fasting? This is not long-term fasting. It is simply extending the time between the last meal of one day and the first meal of the next day.

This is what I do almost every day. I have worked up to 18 hours of fasting with a six hour "eating window".

This helps keep your insulin levels as low as possible for as long as possible. This will encourage the body to give up stored fat. It is also important for body maintenance to not be digesting food all day long.

Please look into the books and internet blog articles of Dr. Jason Fung, a Canadian nephrologist who has worked with diabetic patients using this method of insulin control. His books are excellent. I have read The Obesity Code and am now reading The Diabetes Code.

P.S. I strongly agree with the Cool Whip comment. I have loved Cool Whip since the '50's, but don't eat it anymore---just heavy whipping cream.