View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-06-18, 05:38
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi. Two things glare at me. One is the Cool Whip and pudding mix. The CW is basically awful vegetable oil mixed with sugar. Even the "sugar-free" is corn syrup. Pudding mix is loaded with starch. I would get rid of these, even if the carb count is low... because the "real food" LC replacement is cheap and easy. Get some real whipping cream (use about 2 Tbsp), cocoa powder (maybe a few tsp, depends on how strong you want it) and a bit of sweetener. I just eyeball it and go by taste. You can whip the cream but you don't have to - the cocoa powder is dense and fibrous and will thicken it nicely. This is a great single-serving treat.

I know you're not specifically following Atkins, but you might want to have a gander at the Atkins Induction Acceptable Foods List just as a refresher. It's a really good spot to start. If it's not on the list, don't touch it. At least until you sort out any possible food sensitivities. Gluten and corn are big ones, as well as nuts. Maybe scrap the almond butter for now. Dietdoctor.com is also an excellent resource for food ideas and info.

The second thing is weigh-ins at an office. I pretty much disregard any weight taken out-and-about with my clothes on, in the middle of the day. Get a scale and start weighing yourself at home, first thing in the morning, after using the washroom, wearing roughly the same PJs, or in the buff. I know that probably doesn't account for all of it, but you never know. Your first weight could have been flukily low, and your most recent one flukily high.

Age is probably a factor. I know I ain't 22 anymore, dropping weight like a rock every time I want to. Those were the days.

Don't quit - you've done your body a ton of good and the scale will rarely reflect that. Best of luck; keep us posted.