View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-16, 11:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

My MIL tries to guilt me, but I don't let it matter. I figure, if I'm the cook, then I get to decide whether to make the traditional, carb laden pumpkin pie with a wheat flour crust, or make a different, but still delicious low carb one.

Here are some of my subs: I use AS in the cranberries: last year it was Splenda, this year it'll be cyclamate.

The pie is LC.

I never do the casserole with the green beans, so that's no problem. But you could just use a reduction of HWC with sautéed fresh mushrooms and sautéed onion rings, instead of floury canned soup and breaded onion rings. Me, I steam green beans from the garden, toast some slivered almonds in a dry pan, and toss them with plenty of butter.

I use HWC in both the mashed potatoes and the half and half mashed potato/sweet potato combination. I have always hated those disgusting candied sweet potatoes, so they've never been on my table.

I use xanthan gum. A half TBSP will thicken the gravy from a 15 lb turkey.

Last year, after seeing a photo of Ken's plate from the year before, I made deviled eggs as a side dish. They were a huge hit.

I let someone else buy and bring dinner rolls. And, for appetizers, I serve meats and cheeses. If you want to serve crackers with them, get some flackers, too, crackers made from flax seed. Just don't eat too many of them; they have a pretty strong laxative effect!

If I have a big glass of water at my place, drinking just a half glass of some nice dry wine is absolutely plenty!

And, for the day after, when we usually have company for breakfast, I make these: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/20...luten-free.html. THE best waffles I have ever had, with or without grains.