Old Fri, Jun-15-07, 22:50
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1
Thanks..I got it for times where I have a horrible craving for carbs that won't go away..I keep it for emergency last resort type situations..I just wanted to make sure that its not completely off limits.

CindySue's advice is spot on! But you have the right idea, Kelly...to have some back-ups "just in case" if you feel that's important to keeping you on plan. I've done it all...ate utterly cleanly, dabbled with carbquik (on the rare occasions we have a Saturday "pancake" breakfast, my DH and Mom get those and don't even know the difference!) and even had LC protein shake mixes and other such goodies. Mostly I try to eat cleanly with certain helpful additions...like coconut oil, coconut flour, almond flour, etc. that I use to create my own recipes. But I think having carbquik on hand to use to create substitutes (since it works like Bisquik, I'd considering trying fried chicken too) for long-term use is great.

For now...for your focus on those "tough 10" keep it in the pantry. But for your overall WOE, 'off limits' is really more up to you as long as you body reacts well and you keep your balance of protein and carbs!