#4   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 14:31

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeJoi
ok I think I may have figured out why there aren't many people in the SP forums. I have been following the diet for ~ 2 wks and have gained 4 lbs! I know she says you probably will gain weight but this is getting really hard to accept. Has anyone gained weight and then lost weight? I'm so scared that I will just keep gaining and never lose weight. I'm seriously considering switching to a different plan (again, ugh)

Hi AimeeJoi,

If losing weight is your only motivation, then Schwarzbein is not for you.

I have been following Schwarzbein "properly" since last summer. I have gained weight - but mostly because of other misdemeanours, like drinking beer and having too many carbs - but otherwise feel a whole lot better!!!

I had worn-out adrenals and my energy levels were terrible; I was dizzy and light-headed for about two hours most mornings; I had no energy during my exercise class; brain fog and poor concentration were permanent companions.

Now I feel a whole bunch better!!! I am now about 60% back to normal, I would say, and am able to lose again by lowering my carbs to a tad under what she recommends for me.

So, if you have the kind of problems that I did, then Schwarzbein could work for you. The weight loss comes after the healing.

amanda