Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 02:27
Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBear
I think I am wasting valuable communication time attempting to answer irrelevant questions. I am going to stick to the human diet and what I have experienced as true about it, and the short term and long term effects of what we eat.
I agree that you should ignore those that want to side track you into other issues. You have posted a lot of things, and a lot of people are trying to pick at everything you state. But, you can and should simply ignore those "challenges" (we'll call them) which you don't want to answer. And, don't worry about people attacking you for not answering or accusing you of ignoring them. Just let it go. You don't owe anyone any answers. This is just a discussion forum.
Quote:
If you prove to be a unique person with a high degree of self-control and a strong drive to alter the shape of your body and the state of your health, I can show the path. Neither I nor anyone else can keep you on it, that is something you and only you can do.
Does this mean you want to discuss ways to stay on this path, rather than argue the merit of this path? I think there are those that would like to know how best to stay on this path. Since you obviously have the longest experience in doing so, you would be a good one to ask.
Quote:
In many cases the ultimate diet format I talk about will not be necessary to achieve an acceptable change
Just how drastic a change do you think one needs to make in order to see appreciable benefits?
Quote:
I want to use my precious online time constructively
One thing you might consider is to just "jump off" this thread, and start up another one, with whatever issues you want to discuss. That is how it works around here... happens all the time. Or, at least make that clear in a post on this thread... which I guess you are doing with this last post of yours. I am wondering, though, what it is you DO want to discuss. The reason I suggest starting another thread, is you can "narrow" the focus of what you want to discuss that way. It's really up to you.

I think this thread will continue, either way, since there are lots of people who want to argue what the "real human diet" is. That is one of the reasons for the whole "paleo diet" in the first place. Anyway, this thread will continue... trust me... you started something that is just "too controversial" to go away that quickly. And, I guess lots of threads can get a little "wide" with various related topics. But, you are more than welcome to "bow out", start another thread, or simply "lay down the law" on what you want to talk about.

I will say I am thankful for the input you have given to this forum, no matter how "controversial" it has been.
Sponsored Links