View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 14:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/272/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 28%

I have to smile, because I have so many appliances in my kitchen. I have a rotisserie from Sunbeam, it's for a single chicken at a time. I love it. I have cooked chicken, turkey breast and pork loin in it with success. It holds up to 5 lbs, okay because there are only three in my little family.
I also have a George Forman grill.....this is great and gets used the most. Sausage, burger, chops are all great, the fat is drained off as it cooks. My hubby love this grill.
I have a pressure cooker, it's good when there isn't alot of time, but I don't use it as much. My crockpot usually ends up just keeping food hot at a potluck dinner. (Hot wings keep nice in it) The bread machine is just sitting...maybe someday I'll get the nerve to try the low carb flours. My sandwich maker hasn't been seen for years, it's somewhere in the depths of the kitchen forgetables under a cabinet...could make eggs in it I guess. The mixer has enjoyed a comeback lately, tho Hmmm, sometimes the Vita Mixer (I should try to make nut flour in it).One of the best "appliances" is aluminum foil.

I do have an almost foolproof way to make tender roast beef for you, tho. I start with a 3lb or so rump roast, or sirlion roast. I take it right out of the freezer, and wrap it tightly in several layers of foil with a chopped onion and salt, pepper, garlic. Start it at 425 for an hour, then reduce to 350 or 325 for a few hours...2 to 3 depending on when dinner is. It's great hot, cold or whatever.