Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 14:25

Plan: My Own :-)
Stats: 253/237.6/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
On entering phase II- I started with 1 fruit per day first week. second week I tried a whole grain wheat cereal and was ravenous the entire day. That gave me a big clue about wheat and me and now I avoid it. Whole grain is not the only way to add in good carbs in phase II nor is it the best way! Starchy veggies are acutally better than grains, if you ask me!! sweet potato, butternut squash, carrots, peas...are all starchy veggies.

Summer squashes fall into phase I veggies so eat your heart out!! These would be zucchinis, yellow squash and spaghetti squash.

Doing a thorough phase II and trying many new foods has given me a large variety of foods to eat as I maintain my weight loss. It also gives me the chance to float between the phases as a tool to manage my weight. If you stay in phase I, where do you go from there if you gain by not adding back slowly while you are losing? I do a lot of floating!! Its just the way I eat and watch my weight now. I've accepted this aspect of my life and have stopped fighting it.

Wow! This clarified a lot for me and also helped to validate what I personally know about grains for myself. My OB is the only one who has said it fine to eat more veggies and not to worry about the grains while pregnant. I just feel good with them. I do like Ezekial cereal or an occasional 1/2 toasted Ezekial sandwhich. But not right now. I love it when you give examples.