View Single Post
  #90   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-17, 17:32

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Behind on personals, so some of this stuff may refer to the last week's comments.

Jaz---I'm so happy to hear you have your first client, and SO HAPPY to hear you are not letting your weight stop you from sharing your experience as a nurse, a great resource on diabetes and low carb eating. When I think how long it has taken me to learn all I have and collect the right web sites, and resources and recipes---!!!! You could make that process so much shorter and easier for your clients.

Maybe you should have some cards printed up. Come up w/a fun name for your consult business, get your contact info on there, and pass 'em out wherever you go and give them to colleagues and pals to pass out when someone's interested too. Doesn't cost much, LOTS cheaper than a web site. You keep a bunch of 'em on you and just pass 'em along as you go, and slowly build your business. Then recommendations from clients begin to help it all along.

Trigger---Went to a movie today and sat behind a young gal with blue hair and smiled big thinking of the kiddo. So interesting she doesn't give a rip about her clothes, but is definitely interested in hair, and make up. I agree w/Jaz, it's kind of the thing at her age to look as uncontrived as possible and be comfortable. LOL, the gal at the movie had on stripped knee socks, a plaid pleated skirt and an old man sweater with patches on the elbows. Still, she put some effort into that combo, y'know? It had that perfect "I don't care" look, except for the hair.

Nic---I enjoyed hearing about your fancy night out and smiled thinking of you having to actually consider make up and fashion. It's a two sided coin, as most things are. Not caring about that stuff is such a freedom, but for those of us who enjoy it, it's so much fun.

I love to go out to eat and dress up a bit. Not every day in every way, but lots of times. But these days the budget has been trimmed with a buzz saw, and I am enjoying not caring as much because we don't go anywhere I have to as often as before, and I'm enjoying the freedom of that. Gads, I've worn the same thing for the last 3 days.

Also, just have to say, IMO, it sucks when people do the "Let's just split it thing." It's fine when it's all equal but for a small amount. But drinks are so expensive these days, as are all the little add ons that don't get counted, like coffee and soda, and appetizers, and other extras. Most of my pals and I just ask for separate checks right from the get go. And that goes for our couple pals too. But that's harder to do in a family situation I guess.

K-mom---Give your SD a hug for me, and hope you were able to grab some naps over the weekend!

Ready to go back at the water starting tomorrow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we went to see Wonder Woman at the $2 theater today. Hubby was all gun ho and I was his willing date. It was fine. Liked the first half of it well enough, and then it just got too long and too many repetitive action scenes for me. By the end I was laughing for the wrong reasons, but then this kind of thing is just not my cup of tea. But, looked over at hubby and he was entranced, so it was worth it to see him so into it.

What wasn't so fine is I overdid on the popcorn, so guess this is my 1 out of 6/1 plan, even though I didn't plan it as so, but it actually was right on time from my treat day a week ago. I usually do much better, but to be honest I got kinda bored half way thru and used the popcorn to keep me company. Other than that, NO other carbs today and will have a couple of brats for dinner, because that's what hubby is grilling and I'm in a lazy mood. Can anyone yell SALT! I shall look like a blow fish by sunrise tomorrow morning.

We are watching a REALLY good new series, incredibly addictive. It's called "The Fall" on Netflix. It is about a serial killer, so won't be for everyone. But oh man, this is as good of a twist on a serial killer as Dexter was. Stars that gal from X files, as the lead detective on the case, and the slow building duel of wits between her and the killer is really compelling.

Ok, going to copy and paste and then press submit fast, before another one disappears.