Thread: LC our way! #2
View Single Post
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-17, 08:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Well darn it, Blue, so sorry you lost your post. I hate it when that happens but especially a long one that I put time and thought into.
Glad you had fun with your friend!

Jaz, The zoo day sounds really fun and so glad you had a wonderful time with Noah and that he is growing and developing in leaps and bounds. What did you think of the zoo itself? Was it better than you thought in terms of enclosures?
The Ronald McDonald house sounds absolutely amazing and is an absolute gift to those families. They are building a new one in Baltimore and IF the CASA case winds up that might be on my short list of possible volunteer options.

KMom- I know you are having a wonderful time with your SD. I always picture her in my minds' eye with her hands dancing now.

Trig- That is exactly how I shop. Find something I like, buy several in different colors and it becomes a "uniform" of sorts. I am all about ease and comfort, but I know I make fashion conscious people around me want to cry.
Are these colored dyes easy on the hair? I am guessing they are since she isn't actually stripping the color.

Lori- Hope you are having a wonderful time!

••••••••

So, the fancy schmancy dinner was fine, all things considered. I do enjoy my ILs and my BILs, even though I like it more when at least one SIL is there also. I did get on nice clothes and even <gasp> makeup.
I tell you what though, this is a big drinking group. I'm not so much, neither is my DH, not for any reason other than we just don't tend to drink that much. I spent time from high school into year three of college drinking and then slowed down quite a bit, although I definitely have my moments! I did have a drink last night, a Long Island Iced Tea and as you know that packs a punch. One was plenty!
So the bill was split four ways and between lots of alcohol and an expensive place, our bill was IMO a hella lot to be split four ways! Sheesh!! And the food was decidedly average.
Still and all, not sorry I went and it was a nice time.

Today the Ravens play. DD and Fi are planning to come over too, I believe. Hopefully I will hear from DS18 once or twice via text if he is watching the game at college. I am doing MUCH better with missing him, although we passed the exit for his college on the way into DC and I had major heart tugs. I just wanted to hug him real quick.

DS15 was back to work on his armor yesterday. Our Sky Chair broke on Friday evening so I told him he could use that also. He has completed the upper armor and is now working on the lower armor. He was showing off his work last night when we got home and it is impressive. Quite a mind! He also said he studied a bit for his first AP test on Monday and I was glad for that. Traditionally everyone fails the first AP test since this is the first AP class offered to them and they aren't used to the college way of studying vs high school. So, I'm expecting him to fail but that doesn't mean I don't want him to try!

Very busy first half of the week coming up so I gotta pace myself.