Thread: LC our way! #2
View Single Post
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-17, 05:10

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OK- The nurse in me has kicked into high gear in this post. You didn't ask. But now it's time KMOM- to not walk but run your self to the cardiologist. 40's is the point I would move and fast.
Here is why: When the heart slows down to that point it really can stop. It get congested with blood and basically gets bogged down and blood is not pumping. Your threat of stroke is even increasing because now your blood is becoming stagnate.
PLEASE GET HELP NOW- TODAY. Plus do you know how to take your pulse?
Several years ago- I became dehydrated due to a stomach bug. As I have mentions I too am on beta blockers- and my heart rate dropped to 44 and stayed in the 40's. Those people moved very fast- to infuse an IV - fluid=volume.
But then you have to worry about fluid overload and congestive heart failure. I say all this not to scare you. I know how you feel. Everytime I get sick I think about my heart. Thankfully I rarely get more than a head cold.

All this to say I have not walked in your shoes- but have had to adjust in someways. But I was lucky- I was put on the lowest dose possible and it hasn't changed in 25 years. Plus it worked. I didn't have the back and forth bounce of a heart rate. I sit in the 50's almost all the time 57-59, 60 solid. It did drop some after my surgery- and I had a blip in recovery- but thankfully it resolved naturally.
But I am alarmed yours is 40's- I get you now want to push fluid. I think you are right to not get dehydrated. But you have passed that threshold of OK.
I have said my piece. I know you will do what you NEED to do even if you don't want to. Take care of you.

Blue- you are correct about being your own advocate. Everyone NEEDS to be. PERIOD! I teach patients to do just what we are talking about. It does drive me crazy when I ask people what meds they are taking and why. The response that dives me to the edge: I don't what I am taking or why. The doctor told me too. NO questions ask.

When my cholesterol was up a tiny bit- the doctor TRIED to put me on a statin. I said no- give me 6 months to adjust my diet a bit and increase my walking and lets redo my bloodworm in 6 months. Reluntanly he agree. And it came down to acceptable levels. NO DRUGS. I pushed back.

I am proud of you too. It is sad your friend has to go through this journey. She however has a good friend in you to get though it. We really never know when our health will be taken from us.
So I guess the take away is two fold.
1.- be thankful for what we do have
2.- treat our bodies kindly WOE- lifestyle- sleep- ect.
OK- off my soap box.

So Blue- are you in the thick of a project? I bet they are squeezing you for everything ya got before they wrap up. I know you must be exhausted and somewhat pissed, if truth be told.
The good news- this too shall pass. Then you will be free to pursue other avenues. It will be interesting to see what other doors open for you!
You are not one to hang up your hat and sit in the rocker and say it's over. Oh HELLO NO! I know you will just pour your passion into something else.

Leeann- so what did you paint? Was your evening a "wine and paint"? They have those here. What fun! I love that you take time out from everything you do for everybody else and have some fun yourself!
Any plans for the weekend? Whats for dinner?

Trig- Hey my ZERO buddy. Love you are so Warrior strong on here.
So today is truck day huh? Can't wait to hear what he picks! What a few bucks? HAHAHAH- I know it is a chunk of change what he wants- but again trucks do hold their value! And will be able to haul more "toys".
Did you have any power out there?

Lori- have fun! I know you are off and about!
---------------------------------------------------------------
All-
Yesterday was the first time I really had a meltdown at work. I pitched a fit, in front of the RN's. I got really pisst- for all the right reasons though. Speaking of advocate- I am in my own way.

I have spoken at length about the lack of leadership of my boss. She has been out of the office for the last two weeks and not due back for another week. Then she will be back for all of a day- then off again for a week.
But she just has to interfere just enough in her endless emails to make a mess of the office.

Long story short- we got a new directive from corporate for our nurses in the office. Well the directive may look good on paper- but in reality it could put our nurses licenses on the line. They want us to to a med reconciliation on the phone. Then sign off that the patient is safely taking their meds as directed.
We CAN'T do that without SEEING the bottles. So we are supposed to take the word of an elderly patient that is sick - they don't know what they take and why. They don't.

So the email I got was- well I need one of your nurses to do a rec on patient X.
Then she ended the email by saying- I'm sure you will figure this out.
LIVID- is not even the word for it. I called a ASAP meeting and told the nurses we are NOT doing this. I ask them if they got an email like that from her to forward it to me.
They are risking a lawsuit to do that. She just doesn't get it. That is so unsafe. I won't do it and will not ask my staff to do it either.

I have a minute to cool my jets before she gets back. For that I am thankful. I know this will need addressed but not today.
I just needed to vent.
The cool thing- I had EVERYONE of those nurses hug and thank me for standing up for them, and having a back bone. EVERYONE of them said they would walkout if I get flack from her.
I know it will not get to that point- but OMG!!!!!!!!

Ok BIG BREATH to me......... and off I go -
water yesterday 6/5-
Today will be 100% on plan. I am feeling good