#9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-12-04, 12:25
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Quote:
At least now that I'm peaking in gym logs, it's got my competitive juices flowing to push me some more.
I absolutely know what you mean. When I read what Lift and Built lift I'm like I have to be able to do that one day and now the carbs are letting me.

Quote:
I'm undecided what I should do. Go for the gym membership or get that squat cage (Christmas IS around the corner and I want my gifts to be exercise-related ). The squat cage would let me use barbells for so many exercise and also give me an automatic spot, which would be fantastic. Only problem is, I'd have to use the 45lb barbell b/c the cage wouldn't be wide enough so it eliminates a lot of exercises for me. OTOH, if I get a membership, I'd feel guilty not using my home gym b/c it's pretty extensive.
I wish I had a squat rack especially in winter, you know how it gets here. I prefer barbells for squatting. The dumbells get in the way. What do you mean it wouldn't be wide enough? Couldn't get a different barbell? And you can always add weight to the barbell right?

red