View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 17:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Starting SB 1/19/04
Stats: 182/147/130 Female 5'7
BF:25.2
Progress: 67%

Well everyone, I just returned from my Saturday shop and got some great buys! I stopped by my local healthfood store and got husks to make these pancakes that I read about on another LC site. Psyllium husks, 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. Blend. Let sit for a few minutes to let the husk soften and cook as you would cook a regular pancake. I have syrup I found at the local store made with Splenda and only 1 gram of carb per serving so that will be breakfast tomorrow. 1 carb per pancake. Double the recipe for 2 pancakes! Stocked up on my Omega 3 and 6. Flaxseed oil and my multi vitamin. Got my favorite Banana Nut Atkins Muffins. I didn't realize you can have these in Induction. I was surfing the Atkins site and they state they are fine for Phase 1, Induction, but I will pass on them till I complete my two weeks!!!! I just love them! But, my best find!! Atkins Strawberry and Butter Pecan Ice Cream!!! Woohoo!! I know they are not allowed during Induction so I have tucked them away in the freezer but they are there after Induction if I get a hankering for a sweet. Stocked up on my staple food. Chix, steak, pork, shrimp and crab! Got a great pot roast for tomorrow. I will slow cook it all day. I have a great recipe for LC crab cakes if anyone wants it with a Remoulade sauce! They are tasty with a side salad.

Day 5 and all is fantastic! Bitter cold her tonight! 6 degrees with a windchill around 20 below! I am off to make some Shrimp Scampi for dinner! Hope everyone is doing great!!!
Sponsored Links