View Single Post
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-15, 22:58

Plan: 6WBMO/Paleo
Stats: 196.7/175.6/130 Male 5'6
BF:
Progress: 32%

I had to restart several times because I kept doing one step incorrectly. The first was wine. I love good red wine and would sip a glass or so in the evening while prepping for dinner and with my dinner. I was losing the same pound for about 2 weeks. Once I stopped drinking, my weight started to come down.

Yes, I know Dr. Atkins and several other low carb physicians claim you can eat all you want without fear of gaining weight, but that's not the case. You have to have a caloric deficit in order to lose and an over-consumption of protein, if not burned off, will be stored as fat.

The second misstep was I tried to mimic old favorites like pancakes, pastries, and biscuits using low carb mixes like Carbquik, almond and coconut flours which are just as impactful on blood sugar as the regular Bisquick mix. Some people can handle them, I can't.

Lastly, I was weighing myself everyday. Big mistake;too much stress. Weight fluctuates every day and you will never get an accurate reading, so once a week is sufficient.