Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 16:22
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein!!
Stats: -/-/- Female 162 cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 1600%
Smile

Thanls Santabarb and Cavendish!

Santabarb - Well, I read the second book and it said that if you had burned out adrenals, then you should eat 20 grams carbohydrate five times a day. Apparently she went a little less low carb as time went on !
I agree with you about the order you eat food in - i tend to go for the veg fist, then the protein and the carb last, so it doesn't go straight to my bloodstream.
As for the adrenals, I went to an endocrinologist a year ago who did extensive bloodwork and I can't remember if he did the adrenals, but everything was fine on paper. I went to see a naturopath who said I had adrenal burnout, plus I have the symptoms (and I know that in the last couple years I've done all I can to burn out my adrenals - huge stress, dieting, weight watchers, more stress..). But our family doctor told me to start walking, so I have. I lasted half an hour the first day and was ok (yay!! ), then accidentally went for 45 minutes the next day and crashed... so I'm learning my limits.
Gosh I know what you mean about weight watchers. I lasted a year... totally wrecked my health... This is a WAY better way to live.
Good luck on Schwwarzbein to you! I love it as well , and I'm trying not to care if I gain weight, and see it as truly a transition, and what you get for 2 years (at my age) of strict dieting.

Cavendish - Thank goodness other people go through this! I'm not discouraged all the time, but it takes effort to see beyond the weight gain and be glad about all the ways your body is healing. But if other people have gone through this and come out ok, it makes me feel very reassured. Even if no one else had done this I'd stick with Schwarzbein, what is the alternative? I'd never gor back to weight watchers or Atkins after reding her books but that's just me (no offense to those doing Atkins or WW).

Thanks again for the replies