View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 08:07

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

I know what you mean. I feel empathy for the Maytag Repairman when I come here sometimes . In the past it has been livlier. For me though I know that it works. The closer I follow TSP the better I feel and the more her wisdom 'clicks' into my brain-- aha-- that is what I read about in TSP books!

An example about 2 years ago I was following carefully the principles of balancing meals and eating as much as 20 carbs per meal, using only stevia as a sweetener, moderately exercising including gentle ones every so often such as tai chi & yoga along with some resistance, and moderate walking. I always have difficulty including the small snacks, but was doing better at the time with that. Lo and behold when I went to a Dr.'s appointment I weighed the least I had in a long time (and you know how you usually weigh more on a Dr's scale it seems.) I hadn't had time to weigh for about a month then. I was surprised, but then thought --hey it really works!

There is something in me that always is searching for a 'quick fix' so I tried a few of those since then , got discouraged after the initial few lbs. of loss, then during the winter months I tend to abandon any reasonable plan to my detriment . I know now that I just need to stick with this TSP as close as possible . I think that includes not *obsessing* over everything and maybe not posting very much -- just doing it. But I will come here some during the week. Any one else find that they obsess if they try to post daily?

I think an underlying theme in all of the TSP bks. is that *it takes time to build your body into a quaility item*. Her bks. never have personal endorsements of "I lost 20 lbs. in 3 weeks" for a reason . That is not what she encourages.

I would love to hear from some of the 'old timers' that feel sucessful at TSPing and are still with it.

Also great to hear from all. But either way I know it works! I vow to stick with TSP and try to post every now and then on how it is going or share a new recipe if I come across it.