#20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-16, 08:51

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrufrock
But in any case, when you ask someone if they have cancer there's a distinct possibility that someone will say yes. What will you do then? Why start a conversation that can easily have a horrible outcome?

I absolutely agree- especially because it isn't anyone's right to ask! I had a very severe nuerological condition 2 years ago that left me temporarily paralyzed, with double vision, excrutiating pain, dehabilitating fatigue.....i literally dropped 45 pounds in 3-4 months (and was at healthy weight to begin with).
Of course, my friends and family knew what was happening, but when people who don't know me well would see me (by then walking again), there were endless "concerns for my health."
I have a right to privacy. I didn't want to tell my life story 8 times a day, every time i left my house.
if you don't know me well to enough to know i would TELL you personally if i had cancer, i don't need you to ask. I mean if a healthy person drops 45 pounds in months, do you honestly think no one close to me would have said something if i had not been terribly ill????

*for record, i mean "you" as in general- certainly not you, OP!

generally speaking, i agree with commenters who feel others say things like this, because it is shocking to see someone (at a healthy weight!) when you always knew them as overweight/obese.... they likely worry you must be something very unhealthy to finally lose all that weight.....