View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-13, 09:27

Plan: CALP
Stats: 176/137/130 Female 5'1
BF:No idea
Progress: 85%

I had the CALP book for a year before I tried it. Even though I've yo-yo'd 40 pounds for the last 10 years on Atkins, I thought that it was the only way I'd ever lose weight and a real-sugar dessert or corn and potatoes with my meal would never, ever work, because I'd lose control. I glanced through this book and thought HA! NO WAY WILL THAT WORK. And forgot about it. And gained and lost for the whole year, on and off Atkins.

I am so glad I tried this. The book the 7 day Low-Carb Rescue and Recovery Plan is also pretty good; I could see easing into CALP like this book describes even though I jumped right in But this book taught me to "eat toward my carbs" -- have the salad, protein, and veg before the carb portion whenever possible -- this is how all my meals are, if I have bread I at least finish the salad first but then freely eat it with the rest of the meal.

CALP makes me feel strong, totally in control of my appetite, and I get a real dessert every day that doesn't give me stomach upset (like anything with sugar alcohols). I started May 2 and have lost 12 pounds. And absolutely no deprivation and I have not cheated, or even wanted to cheat, once.