View Single Post
  #757   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 20:50

Plan: between plans again
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I don't think that we are carnivores. I believe that we are omnivores. We certainly have big brains that can compensate for our lack of talons or claws, and lack of speed, and carnivore's teeth and all of that stuff. But what if we are adapted to enjoy fruit like a great ape is?

A lot of folks in this carnivore thread are in agreement that eating veggies and grains "off the plain" might be all about what one might do in a famine situation if there was no other food around. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't great apes choose fruit above all else if fruit is available?

Who doesn't like fruit? Who doesn't like attractive colours, sweet smells and flavours? Y'all can tell me that you don't like asparagus, but I'd like to bet that fruit has to call to you sometimes, no???

A lot cultures and religions of humans seem to have adopted periods of fasts or mono-eating or perhaps some sort of similar annual cleansing rituals. Some might say that a meat only diet may be toxic without such a cleanse and may lead to cancer and other health issues.

I betcha (personally) that I could last on meat only, only if it was a seasonal thing. I am an omnivore. But when the fruit is ripe, I'm sitting in a tree stuffing my face and enjoying the health benefits.

That's just me. Carry on.